Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dirty Spokes @ Tribble Mills




As this was my 3rd attempt @ a race and Ali's first, we did alright with all thing aside...We
prerode the course and really loved it..Fast flowing swithbacks, quick climbs with was more than I thought once under race pace. Tight Single track and good obstacals along the way. I started the race for us and really felt good...settled in behind Barry for the first 2 miles or so and then he was gone. (ON A SINGLE SPEED HE IS FAST). Started feeling good and rolled on to set a good pace which all my laps where within 1min to 1 min 30 Secs of. Getting passed is easy but passing was worse...Ali did the second lap and had 2 flats, yes 2 on the same lap...with 2 flat and rolled in a 1 hr and 26 min lap..I did the next and then Ali agian with a better lap of 1 hr...I did the last 2 of the 6 laps we made and was cramping so bad on the last one I almost gave up and started in on the road...but turned around and went back to finish the lap with 1 min to spare finishing the race in under 6 hrs..we got 4th place and was only 12 mins out of 3rd and 27 mins out of 2nd.mechanicals really cost you. The winners did 8 laps(WOW). So over all pleased with our finish and had a great time. Thanks to Jason for changing Alis tube while I was out on the course...had a good time with all the fellow club members and hope to do it again soon...Next Event will be the Dirty Spokes @ Unicoi State Park for Round 4..


No comments:

Post a Comment